Re: The fashions were straight out of someone's imagination and had little to do with period correctnes Archived Message
Posted by Jackie_NJ on January 6, 2021, 2:02 pm, in reply to "The fashions were straight out of someone's imagination and had little to do with period correctnes"
I was amused by the ever blooming wisteria, too. What a climate they must have had, with no change of seasons. |
The color palette for the Featheringtons was way out there, as was the surface decoration on most of the gowns.
The Regency Period was enamored of simplicity, so the whole look of the costumes and hairdressing is kind of silly. The drawback is how many will take it seriously, and it probably ought never to be taken seriously.
- Just finished Bridgerton. Well, it definitely had something for everyone! - VeraS January 6, 2021, 2:35 am
- I enjoyed it for what it was. I know it was fiction, read the books long ago. I liked it. nm - CecyinIL January 6, 2021, 1:37 pm
- The anachronisms didnít bother me. Fairytale Regency! - Fran in NYC January 6, 2021, 1:35 pm
- I loved it! Colorful and total escapism. - Denise in MI January 6, 2021, 11:21 am
- Anyone notice the mixup on fashion eras? Note the royal party dressed about 50 years behind times - Ori January 6, 2021, 10:52 am
- Georgous but garbage. Filled with anachronisms and fairy dust. - Jackie_NJ January 6, 2021, 10:34 am
- But, do you recommend it other than for the fashion? - TG in PA January 6, 2021, 7:45 am