The fashions were straight out of someone's imagination and had little to do with period correctnes Archived Message
Posted by VeraS on January 6, 2021, 11:20 am, in reply to "Anyone notice the mixup on fashion eras? Note the royal party dressed about 50 years behind times "
A fitted at the waist regency gown with the incorrect type of corset?? Glitter on dresses? Hairdos that bounced between the French court to regency to Dynasty? I didn't know where to look. |
And the eternally-blooming wisteria outside the Bridgerton house really got me.
Yes, it was a fantasy but I think I am definitely not the target audience.
- Just finished Bridgerton. Well, it definitely had something for everyone! - VeraS January 6, 2021, 2:35 am
- I enjoyed it for what it was. I know it was fiction, read the books long ago. I liked it. nm - CecyinIL January 6, 2021, 1:37 pm
- The anachronisms didnít bother me. Fairytale Regency! - Fran in NYC January 6, 2021, 1:35 pm
- I loved it! Colorful and total escapism. - Denise in MI January 6, 2021, 11:21 am
- Anyone notice the mixup on fashion eras? Note the royal party dressed about 50 years behind times - Ori January 6, 2021, 10:52 am
- Georgous but garbage. Filled with anachronisms and fairy dust. - Jackie_NJ January 6, 2021, 10:34 am
- But, do you recommend it other than for the fashion? - TG in PA January 6, 2021, 7:45 am