[ Post a Response | DOCKSIDE ]
Re: Something for those in the south
I recall driving on the road from Haslar past the Institute of Naval Medicine towards Stokes bay in 1978 to find the whole horizon occupied by the massive bulk of Nimitz.
As a courtesy we invited the medical staff to a CTP at RNH but in the event only one junior officer turned up, the rest, about 120, having caught the train to London.
We were asked if we had received any patients from Nimitz but had to confess that her ITU had more beds than RNH!
It was rumoured at the time that there were areas of the ship that were no-go areas for the regulating staff, effectively gang controlled ghettoes.
I remember thinking that a rouge MTB could cause an awful lot of damage and that was many years pre the Aden incident with USS Cole.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Something for those in the south - Sandy Sinclair November 1, 2022, 13:38:44
- Re: Something for those in the south - cg1 November 3, 2022, 16:15:29
- Re: Something for those in the south - Andy Meredith November 3, 2022, 10:39:07
- Re: Something for those in the south - Chris Hankin November 3, 2022, 9:38:48
- Re: Something for those in the south - Chris Hankin November 2, 2022, 19:05:43
- Re: Something for those in the south - John Laing November 1, 2022, 18:54:16
« Back to index