A few thoughts about D.C.
Posted by Jackie_NJ
on July 8, 2021, 1:01 pm
The reputation of downtown is not wonderful, but the hospitality industry desperately needs reviving, so my thought is that the Capital Police will be out in good numbers, and any and all tourists will be welcomed.
I would gladly see any of the Smithsonian museums, but if you have an interest in The National Museum of the American Indian, I will be volunteering to host a six person group, and I'd love it if you'd choose that one. If we can get a dozen or so, then arranging transportation should be easier for Sandra.
Bottom line: my BF Ann and I are going in person, and it will be SO GOOD to see friendly faces!
One last thing, when you spell out capital, you always use the "a", unless you're describing the building, in which case it is the "o" ie., the US Capitol building. I didn't know, so I googled it.
My Ebay store for Fashion Doll clothes:
My Etsy Store for Fashion dolls and 60-70 cm BJDS
- These are great suggestions. Any more ideas? Iím on the fence.[EMPTY] - Lori N July 10, 2021, 12:20 am
- I love DC! I was a Smithsonian volunteer when I lived up there. So much to do and see :)[EMPTY] - Kim in VA July 8, 2021, 6:03 pm
- Did I miss something? Has she announced the next convention? <<[EMPTY] - Becky in Upstate July 8, 2021, 4:12 pm
- I'd definitely be interested in the American Indian museum >>> - Michelle in Alaska July 8, 2021, 3:29 pm
- Here is an exhibition that is ongoing trough 2021. Could be interesting >>> - Mo in PA July 8, 2021, 3:09 pm
- Ooh, I would love this exhibition. I will go if there is a group going. - Mordols July 8, 2021, 7:42 pm
- PMd you. - Kay in Chgo July 8, 2021, 10:15 pm
- Good one, Mo! :-D[EMPTY] - Sue in ABQ July 8, 2021, 6:58 pm
- It is at the Smithsonian.[EMPTY] - Mo in PA July 8, 2021, 3:10 pm
- I visit DC annually and always stay downtown>> - Kelly Red July 8, 2021, 1:28 pm