After head scratching research and with the ever supportive Dave Willcocks' knowledge to turn to, we settled on using a German Konig class battleship as a base to begin..
I stripped off everything that was not needed and removed part of the sides of the hull ..
I had to remove the sides of the hull as the Konig class was too beamy for Salamis..
Inserting and gluing plastic strip inside the hull set to the desired beam, the excess was gently filed down to correct beam ..
After lots of scratchbuilding carried out we finally got a nice representation of Salamis...
Building the stern gallery was my favourite part ..
Then painted using a mixture of enamel and acrylics and using shaded colours to bring out shapes , using both dry brush and wash effects to highlight details..
I was very happy with the way she turned out, the customer is very happy with her, that is all that matters to me🤗
And I made a Greek flag too😁
« Back to index