[ Post a Response | DOCKSIDE ]
Re: HMS Undaunted
You know sometimes you wish you hadn't started something
At first I wasn't even convinced it was the same ship. However for a timeline my guess would be your first link was the earliest picture with damage to the starboard bow. At first I though the bridge was damaged but on a closer look it's not and the deck has folded up in front of it.
The second is with the picture of Hermes where the damaged metal has been cut away and perhaps some repairs to the starboard bow to make her more seaworthy.
The third is with the damage port amidships. I would guess there were several weeks between these photos.
Thanks for the info on the film. I've a very hazy memory of a helicopter landing on the stern of a Type 15.
HMS HERMES 1977 - Terry Holtham April 25, 2021, 17:36:10
- Re: HMS HERMES 1977 - Mike Costello April 26, 2021, 11:24:37
- Re: HMS HERMES 1977 - ralph April 26, 2021, 10:00:12
- Re: HMS HERMES 1977 - ralph April 26, 2021, 9:58:42
- Re: HMS HERMES 1977 - CN Collectables Clive April 27, 2021, 15:23:33
- Re: HMS HERMES 1977 - Mike Costello April 29, 2021, 11:17:13
- Re: HMS HERMES 1977 - Mike Costello April 28, 2021, 9:11:19
- Mike ... - Tim Hudson April 29, 2021, 9:15:42
- Re: Mike ... - Terry April 29, 2021, 9:41:03
- Re: Mike ... - Tim Hudson April 29, 2021, 9:57:33
- HMS Undaunted - Terry Wiltshire April 29, 2021, 10:10:17
- Re: HMS Undaunted - Tim Hudson April 29, 2021, 10:34:20
- Re: HMS Undaunted - Terry Wiltshire May 1, 2021, 15:56:03
« Back to index