[ Post a Response | DOCKSIDE ]
Re: The definitive HMS Queen Elizabeth model
As soon as I'd posted it, I thought definitive was a poor choice of word. Although there are some issues, I agree about the rails (always out of scale and rarely a good idea at 1/1250, I think), it is a very impressive piece of modelling.
Not black rotors on RN Merlins is interesting. I must admit I had been caught out by that. Looking at photos, they all appeared black but, now I check again more carefully, I can see they are dark grey and just look dark against the background of the sky. I'll be reaching for a very small paint brush tomorrow morning.
All the photos are quite dark and I think the exposure is a bit off, fooled by the white background - maybe the rotors really are dark grey, and the F35s and ship closer to the correct colours.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
The definitive HMS Queen Elizabeth model - Nathan March 29, 2021, 6:38:57
- Another example of Kostas' fine work. - Jeff March 31, 2021, 16:01:05
- Re: The definitive HMS Queen Elizabeth model - Hugh Thomas March 30, 2021, 18:39:16
- Re: The definitive HMS Queen Elizabeth model - James Cadle March 29, 2021, 14:16:13
- Re: The definitive HMS Queen Elizabeth model - Terry Holtham March 29, 2021, 13:35:03
- Re: The definitive HMS Queen Elizabeth model - Des Browning March 29, 2021, 11:43:00
« Back to index