[ Post a Response | Ontario Vintage Fishing Tackle ]
In business from 1933-1989
Posted by Ken Kerr on May 22, 2017, 9:25 am, in reply to "Schindlers"
Started out as a Canadian subsidiary of a Boston company called H. Schindler & Co. Inc. Canadian owners were Carl and Carrie Schindler and was located at 1 Audley St. in Mimico. Building was built in 1923 but Schindler didn't occupy it until 1932. They started out making strings for tennis racquets and musical instruments. In 1938 they started making fishing line and they came in silk and gut and copper. They went out of business in 1989. The building was torn down in 2016 despite the fact it was slated to be designated as a heritage site.
- Schindlers - Tim Forler May 21, 2017, 7:04 pm
- In business from 1933-1989 - Ken Kerr May 22, 2017, 9:25 am
« Back to index