[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Re: LD Doc
Posted by Erik The Vikking on October 23, 2015, 12:45 pm, in reply to "Re: LD Doc
Roger, I appreciate what you are saying and agree with you to a certain extent but it`s a point you have made in many different posts and I just think you are being too harsh on him.
There are quite a few songs that Lonnie recorded that don`t chime with me at all and I`m sure we all know what these songs are. What I find amazing though is the sheer volume of songs that DO chime with me and raise my spirits like no other artist does.
John Peel once said that Lonnie was one of those artists who doesn't appear to know what they are good at and I think that`s true...but none of us will know how it must have felt to have been in Lonnie`s shoes and to see his popularity vanish couldn`t have been easy. I think behind the jovial exterior lay a very complex & intense person...
Please don`t be offended at what I am saying, I`m just being every bit as honest as you are being !
Let`s just hope for a doc. that reveals new material, if it ever surfaces.
- ITV documentary - Ray Hillier October 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
- Re: ITV documentary - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 6:28 pm
- Jim Carter - a PS. - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 7:14 pm
- LD Doc - Dave W October 22, 2015, 9:15 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 1:39 am
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 3:37 am
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 12:45 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 2:56 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 24, 2015, 1:26 pm
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!