[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Re: LD Doc
Posted by Roger Rettig on October 23, 2015, 3:37 am, in reply to "Re: LD Doc"
Gentlemen - please! You misunderstand me.
I'm well aware of just what a pro he was until his dying day and that he never gave less than his all. His show was always worth seeing and he lived by the rule that says 'every audience deserves the best I can give them'.
But a relevant documentary outlining his place in music history has to dwell on those all-important years when he was, simply, the biggest thing in the land and he was filling theatres everywhere.
Incidentally, I went to Yarmouth that Summer and saw the show at the Royal Aquarium. I hitch-hiked all the way and slept by the roadside, all the while clutching my copy of 'Lonnie Rides Again'! I got it signed by Les B, Pete H and Lonnie D. and I have it to this day.
- ITV documentary - Ray Hillier October 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
- Re: ITV documentary - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 6:28 pm
- Jim Carter - a PS. - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 7:14 pm
- LD Doc - Dave W October 22, 2015, 9:15 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 1:39 am
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 3:37 am
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 12:45 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 2:56 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 24, 2015, 1:26 pm
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!