[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Re: LD Doc
Posted by Erik The Vikking on October 23, 2015, 1:39 am, in reply to "LD Doc
I think whatever period we are talking about, Lonnie seldom gave anything less than a fully-commited performance. Yes it`s true that he broke new musical ground with his material in the 50`s but for me, and for many others I`m sure, he was always worthy of the price on the ticket, or the price on the CD wrapper or whatever.
Yes, Denny Wright and Jimmy Currie were his best guitarists but there`s a hell of a lot more to rejoice over after they had gone.
- ITV documentary - Ray Hillier October 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
- Re: ITV documentary - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 6:28 pm
- Jim Carter - a PS. - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 7:14 pm
- LD Doc - Dave W October 22, 2015, 9:15 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 1:39 am
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 3:37 am
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 12:45 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 2:56 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 24, 2015, 1:26 pm
« Back to index