[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Jim Carter - a PS.
Posted by Roger Rettig on October 22, 2015, 7:14 pm, in reply to "Re: ITV documentary"
I should add that it's unlikely that Carter himself will conduct any actual research. He's been chosen because of his known liking for Lonnie's work, certainly, but chiefly for him being a 'known quantity' to TV audiences.
TV companies employ countless editorial underlings who do the actual legwork. They'll find all the predictable stuff, shuffle it into some semblance of a story, then Mr Carter will be invited to record himself delivering the script. No doubt he'll be interviewed and his thoughts will make up a part of the finished programme...
...IF it ever happens.
Remember, though, I was sceptical about Patrick Humphries book and I said we'd never see it. Sometimes I wish we hadn't.
- ITV documentary - Ray Hillier October 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
- Re: ITV documentary - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 6:28 pm
- Jim Carter - a PS. - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 7:14 pm
- LD Doc - Dave W October 22, 2015, 9:15 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 1:39 am
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 3:37 am
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 12:45 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 2:56 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 24, 2015, 1:26 pm
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!