[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Posted by Ray Hillier on October 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
Following on from Roger's post 14.10.15 (under The One Show), according to the web, the ITV documentary is being done by Downton Abbey actor Jim Carter. One good thing is that he clearly is a fan having chosen LD as his hero for the BBC4 Radio series ‘Great Lives’ broadcasted on 3 January 2012 (still available on the BBC iPlayer by the way). I wonder if he is aware of this forum? He could do a lot worse than to get some input from the serious LD fans on this site.
I expect all us fans will be looking forward with relish to this documentary given the feeling that there is a lot of film/ video out there that is not being released for whatever reason. We just have to hope that the documentary doesn’t rely on the ITV ‘Putting on the Donegan’ series for most of it’s clips. Great as they are I personally would love to see what Mr Carter discovers is still out there unreleased from the 1970’s onwards and Lonnie's later performances when his voice and his concerts right up to the last years were top notch.
- ITV documentary - Ray Hillier October 19, 2015, 8:38 pm
« Back to index
- Re: ITV documentary - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 6:28 pm
- Jim Carter - a PS. - Roger Rettig October 22, 2015, 7:14 pm
- LD Doc - Dave W October 22, 2015, 9:15 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 1:39 am
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 3:37 am
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 23, 2015, 12:45 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Roger Rettig October 23, 2015, 2:56 pm
- Re: LD Doc - Erik The Vikking October 24, 2015, 1:26 pm