[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Re: Jimmy Currie
Posted by Terry Webster on May 4, 2014, 10:57 pm, in reply to "Re: Jimmy Currie"
Sorry to hear Jimmy is no longer with us. I met Jimmy in 1962 at a rather exclusive snooker club that I think was on Great Windmill Street? I had to tell him he was a hero to me and my skiffle mates when he was with Donegan.
"Go there Jimmy!"
His legs apart stance with guitar slung low looked really cool. Maybe 'Quo' copied him. He was such a humble lovely guy and jokey about his failing eyesight while playing snooker of all things.
- Help needed please - Tony Palmer July 14, 2008, 9:44 pm
- Re: Help needed please - Tony Palmer July 14, 2008, 10:56 pm
- Jimmy Currie - ROGER RETTIG July 17, 2008, 10:51 pm
- Re: Jimmy Currie - Tony Palmer August 12, 2008, 9:17 pm
- Re: Jimmy Currie - Scott currie ( jimmy's son ) August 24, 2010, 3:04 pm
- Re: Jimmy Currie - Dave Waller August 24, 2010, 3:25 pm
- Welcome, Scott! - Roger Rettig August 24, 2010, 5:52 pm
- Re: Jimmy Currie - Terry Webster May 4, 2014, 10:57 pm
- Re: Jimmy Currie - terry November 25, 2012, 2:20 pm
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!