[ Post a Response | Lonnie Donegan Discussion Forum ]
Re: Micky Ashman
Posted by Paul Griggs on February 3, 2010, 7:49 pm, in reply to "Micky Ashman"
Thanks guys, for me it was an honour to talk to the man and if he doesn't show up on the forum I'll phone him again to try and show him how it works as I'm sure there are more questions to be asked. Another thing he said was that he was playing up until a couple of years ago when he retired due to arthritis.
Like you Roger I idolised the band as well as the man at the front and the vision of that line up that we both saw at Finsbury Park back in 1958 Lon, Jimmy, Nick and Micky remains etched in my mind. I remember that occasionally Lonnie appared on TV without the band and when this happened I always felt a bit cheated.
Let's hope we hear from him.
- A Tale of Two Bass Players - Paul Griggs February 1, 2010, 9:55 pm
- Re: A Tale of Two Bass Players - Roger Rettig February 1, 2010, 10:06 pm
- Re: A Tale of Two Bass Players - Dave W February 2, 2010, 4:06 pm
- Thanks, Paul! - Roger Rettig February 3, 2010, 5:56 pm
- Micky Ashman - Colin February 3, 2010, 6:24 pm
- Re: Micky Ashman - Paul Griggs February 3, 2010, 7:49 pm
- Re: A Tale of Two Bass Players - Dave W February 14, 2010, 4:19 pm
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!