Oh...ugh! Message clothing really irks me. And exposed skin...no thanks!>> Archived Message
Posted by Meg in OR on January 14, 2012, 4:30 pm, in reply to "I have to 'dress' for school everyday...shirt, tie, jacket...."
Call me a prude, but the last thing I want to see is alot of exposed skin. My husband hates when summer finally comes to Portland because it gives people the excuse to wear Daisy Dukes, tube tops and other nasty looking garments. When we see these "looks" he always says "Now, that's a look"....ha! And he isn't be complimentary! |
: and I get those looks too (even from some
: staffers). It's not that hard to pick out 4
: things that match/blend everyday. It's just
: my professional 'uniform' and I can still be
: playfull with ties/shirts. One young man
: came to school with "GO TO HE**"
: (fill-in the l's) on an oversized neon shirt
: and did NOT get sent home. And I see WAY
: too much boobage/butt-crack. Now if you have
: weaponry or drugs/paraphenalia/confederacy
: items on you clothing, THAT gets sent home.
: It's a whacky world.
: I guess the term "acceptable
: attire" has evolved, I haven't.
- Love today's header! Turbans are so chic! I love headwear>>> - Meg in OR January 14, 2012, 10:30 am
- I have such vivid and fond memories of being stuffed into...>>> - T.J. in S.F. January 16, 2012, 9:19 pm
- Loved reading all this about todays trends... its the same here... - Karen in New Zealand January 14, 2012, 8:02 pm
- According to my mom......................... - Steve C. January 14, 2012, 2:21 pm
- Re: Love today's header! Turbans are so chic! I love headwear>>> - marilyn in syracuse January 14, 2012, 1:35 pm
- Me too. Like you, I still wear a silk headscarf when I go out (msg) - Tomi in NYC January 14, 2012, 1:20 pm
- Oh Meg. It ain't the scarves or Fedora...you are such a dish that you turn heads where ever you go! - Kate in NM January 14, 2012, 11:24 am
- ROTFLOL I love the "cat" comment! - Mike January 14, 2012, 10:43 am
- It's so weird here. My husband and I were waiting to be seated at New Year's Day Brunch>> - Meg in OR January 14, 2012, 11:35 am
- Couldn't agree more! Dress for Life! I love feeling extra special. - Debra in Texas January 15, 2012, 8:05 am
- I wish I could have seen you, Meg. You are such a living doll! :-) - Helen in CA January 14, 2012, 9:13 pm
- Amen! Dress up now when you can. You never know when you won't be able to. I still wear jools and >> - Mary in CT January 14, 2012, 3:21 pm
- I have to 'dress' for school everyday...shirt, tie, jacket.... - Tim-in-NC January 14, 2012, 1:27 pm
- Here, Here, I agree whole heartedly! (while wearing my sweatpants and house shoes) - Attila January 14, 2012, 12:25 pm
- I used to be asked the question about being dressed up, too, here in Woodstock - Terri-NY January 14, 2012, 12:01 pm