One of the nicest comments I've ever read. I think I'm Archived Message
Posted by marilyn in syracuse on December 18, 2011, 10:52 am, in reply to "It was a labor of love. A good time to remember Ben a year after he left us, not too soon to -->"
proud to be an acquaintance of you two! |
: Be bitter. It was a lot, but it was fun. It
: was an opportunity for 2 old convention
: roomates to spend time with each other and
: the doll we love, plus we stayed in
: Manhatten for 2 nights at a cool hotel for
: military members (if you are active,
: retired, or a Vet you must stay here.
: $65/night in midtown? Unbeatable), saw the
: Rockettes, had first row aisle seats to the
: Addams Family, shopped on 5th Ave, lunched
: with Mel, saw an AMAZING exhibit of
: historical and modern couture hats (You MUST
: see it if youre in NYC), went to American
: Girl Place, Ellen's Stardust Diner (google
: it), and happily enjoyed the NY deli I grew
: up eating.
: We love you Ben, thanks for the memories and
: the beautiful things in abundant heaps.
: Your sister and her family were lovely to
: us. Your nieces are remarkable women, your
: grand-nice and nephew are cherubs. Sleep
: well and Happy Hannukkah my friend.
: --Previous Message--
: Here's the room before we started.
- What do 900 dolls look like? - Lt Col Elaine December 18, 2011, 1:23 am
- Mind boggling...but so much beauty in one place. - carrolynaz/ar December 18, 2011, 3:05 pm
- Doll Heaven! - Kim K December 18, 2011, 12:47 pm
- I had been told by an old friend what Ben's doll room looked like but I still could not imagine it. - Pamela Harbaugh December 18, 2011, 11:59 am
- this is not how Ben had them, of course, this is how they were arranged for us to have work space. - Lt Col Elaine December 18, 2011, 10:46 am
- That is one huge collection! They are all so beautiful. Thanks for sharing Elaine! - Helen in CA December 18, 2011, 10:34 am
- It was a labor of love. A good time to remember Ben a year after he left us, not too soon to --> - Lt Col Elaine December 18, 2011, 10:33 am
- One of the nicest comments I've ever read. I think I'm - marilyn in syracuse December 18, 2011, 10:52 am
- Looks like a real treasure trove, though lots of work! Neat to see the pictures. NM - Sandra in Ky December 18, 2011, 10:24 am
- What can I say but --- OMG!!!!!!! (nm) - Tomi in NYC December 18, 2011, 10:03 am
- I wouldn't know where to start!! - Carmela December 18, 2011, 9:43 am
- I would be SO overwhelmed! - Mike December 18, 2011, 9:18 am
- All I can say is....O-M-G!!!!!! It's overwhelming.... - CherylStG December 18, 2011, 8:21 am
- Wow thats some collection - - Karen in New Zealand December 18, 2011, 6:14 am
- Lock me in and throw away the key! - T.J. in S.F. December 18, 2011, 5:21 am
- Wow...........amazing.... - Jurrie December 18, 2011, 3:55 am
- Holy Moly! - Xerianne December 18, 2011, 2:49 am
- Holy cow! It's mind-boggling, thanks for sharing w/us! - lizretros December 18, 2011, 2:03 am
- Wow. Just....wow. (nm) - Tom in CA December 18, 2011, 1:44 am