Pirate / Free Radio
[ Post a Response | Pirate / Free Radio ]
Re: PIRATE GOLD
Posted by Paul Rusling on February 12, 2018, 11:41 am, in reply to "Re: PIRATE GOLD"
It should be borne in mind that Brian is a well-respected and BBC trained local radio manager who is a fervent radio enthusiast, like many of us on this board. He tried really hard to get to the real truth, I can vouch for that. The book is as close as anyone has come to telling the full story, but as ever with the wacky world of water wireless, many bits do get omitted, sometimes to protect the innocent, sometimes because authors like to look after their knee-caps, and quite often because if the full truth was told, no one would believe some of it! Not everyone will want Brian's book to be widely read, and it does seem to have been kept as one of the radio world's best-kept secrets.
Some won't like it because it hasn't enough pictures of the DJs, or track listings of the usual music played, but its packed with facts and a bit of theory too. Nowt wrong with that - in the story of offshore radio it is often necessary to guess what the hell was really going on.
- PIRATE GOLD - John Burch February 11, 2018, 6:20 pm
- Re: PIRATE GOLD - Stephen Trevett February 11, 2018, 9:40 pm
- Re: PIRATE GOLD - ccs February 11, 2018, 10:16 pm
- Re: PIRATE GOLD - Freddy the Freak February 12, 2018, 10:29 am
- Re: PIRATE GOLD - Mike Barraclough February 12, 2018, 10:55 am
- Re: PIRATE GOLD - Paul Rusling February 12, 2018, 11:41 am
« Back to index
Please post or reply to any Radio-related subject / topic or question, all are welcome, Pirate, Legal, Web, Etc.
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!