All the Hacker range of radios are excellent for both sensitivity (9" Ferrite rod) and their selectivity is also excellent.
Plenty of Hunter (RP38A) and Sovereign II (RP25) about on E-Bay.
Ranging from a few pounds for a scruffy one, up to £60 £65 (or higher) for a fully working clean model.
These radios are all Silicon transistor based.
The earlier models are also good, but use the troublesome AFxxx series transistors that go short internally.
I have three Hunters, two RP25 and various other models, 90% of them now work, and the other 10% are awaiting restoration.
They have large 7" x 5" speakers and really pack a punch.
73 David G1ZQC.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index
Please post or reply to any Radio-related subject / topic or question, all are welcome, Pirate, Legal, Web, Etc.